Dear Friends of Camp,
As we begin 2022, the board of directors of Camp Pattersonville are in awe of God’s great provisions over these past few years, but we have serious concerns about the camp’s future. Regarding the Lord’s provisions; through the service of many volunteers, the grounds were improved, the electrical system was rewired, lights were added over the field, a wonderful basketball court was constructed, the director’s cabin was upgraded, new showers were installed, and outdoor sinks were built to keep our campers healthy. Besides these material things, the Lord has provided safety and just-enough staff and volunteers to run camp. Many of you have also sacrificially supported this ministry through donations and encouraged us with wonderful stories of how camp changed your life or the lives of your children and grandchildren. We have much to be thankful for!
However, we are facing some serious challenges for which we ask for your prayers and help.
We strongly believe the Lord wants to use Camp Pattersonville, where Jesus is central, to impact many more lives for eternity! Several factors have led many camps, including ours, to struggle to recruit quality staff and new campers. Some have consequently closed for this summer. In addition, several life-transitions have left our all-volunteer board seriously short-handed to navigate an ever-increasing load of year-round duties to keep camp running. We have sought guidance from the Lord and other ministry leaders and have many ideas to make camp sustainable well into the future. We have gained ideas on how to upgrade the facilities and programs to make them more inviting, but we need more people to bring about this transition. We also believe it is time to hire a year-round Camp Director to lead this effort and to become the ongoing, recognized “face” of Camp Pattersonville. Ideally, this Camp Director will be hired in time to serve as the traditional, Program Director for Summer 2022 (and beyond). Until the Lord provides this Camp Director, we are also looking for a Program Director for Summer 2022. For more information on these positions click on Year-Round Camp Director and Summer Employment on our website.
From you, we ask three things:
- PRAY with us for God’s wisdom and ongoing provision, starting with a ZOOM prayer meeting on Saturday, February 5 from 7 to 8 PM EST. Use the link below or dial in.
Dial in: 929-205-6099 Meeting ID: 856 9461 8455 Passcode: 154822
2. COME alongside us. Look at the list of volunteer opportunities and suggestions below and see how you can help us prepare Camp Pattersonville for this summer and years ahead.
3. TELL others about Camp Pattersonville; including potential staff, campers, and volunteers.
This year we are asking our Lord for His renewal. We need to get back the community feel that made Camp Pattersonville a success over 70 years ago and sustained us all these years. Please consider prayerfully what you and your church can do.
Earnestly praying and “Looking unto Jesus”,
Camp Pattersonville Board Members (contact us at 518-627-6276 or email@example.com )
- Al Steinbach, President
- Matthew Hogan, Vice President
- David Dombrowsky, Treasurer
- Sandy Milkins, Secretary
- Renee Dombrowsky
- Tammy Mills
- Deborah Steinbach
So, which of these ideas will you do to keep camp going?
- Have your church promote a particular week of camp for the children to come to day camp or overnight camp
- Encourage your youth group to come serve together as Counselors-in-Training (CIT)
- Serve on staff as a cook, health director, water safety instructor, counselor, handyman/woman, or director. Consider it a short-term mission with a paycheck and no jet lag!
- Encourage a young person with a servant’s heart to apply for a staff or CIT position
- Prepare the woodworking craft materials and demonstration for the campers
- Let us tell you more about the blessings of serving year-round as a board member
- Serve on a committee for: hiring staff, curriculum, facilities, finances, promotions, or registration
- Invite us to come make a presentation to your church group about partnering with this simple “camp on the hill” that puts Jesus at the center
- Invite us to talk to your friends and neighbors about sending their children to camp or make presentations on our behalf for such groups
- Maintain and enhance the camp’s webpages or social media presence
- Assist with camper check-in on Sunday afternoons
- Drive campers once per week during camp season to the overnight camping site
- Coordinate the overnight carpool drivers
- Assist scraping and painting the pool and buildings
- Invite friends to join you for the workdays listed on our website under “Get Involved”
- Take on a project at camp such as replacing the roof on one building
- Spend a weekend this summer “camp sitting” while the staff gets rest between sessions
- Come on a tour of Camp Pattersonville
- Forward this letter to someone else